Random Farms is a year-round theater and we are frequently looking for energetic and creative people to join our team! To be the first to find out about job openings, join our email list so you get our monthly newsletter.
Click job title to view description:
Help with costume fittings, costume changes and quick changes. Learn all aspects of costuming (up to 300 kids for Workshops and 150 kids for Mainstages) from studio fittings to backstage assistance.
Must be available for all dress rehearsals and performances. $8/hr (students); $10/hr (high school graduates). Email cover letter and resume to
. Please indicate your availability and whether you are interested in Mainstages and/or Workshops. Sewing skills are helpful but not necessary.
PART-TIME OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Random Farms Kids' Theater is seeking an eager and proactive Operations Manager to help manage its program registration system and client database. The Operations Manager will combine the skills of a CRM (Customer Relationship Manager), Administrative Assistant, and Database Manager. This position works remotely, but will be part of the Administrative Team and collaborate daily with all members of the small Random Farms staff. Random Farms is in an exciting phase of transition / expansion and the right candidate has potential to grow with the organization.
Reports to: Managing Director, plus frequent interaction with Executive Director and Artistic Director
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Random Farms is a not-for-profit organization that offers musical theater programming to young people from kindergarten through college. The company was founded in 1995 and currently serves approximately 1,200 young people each year with an annual operating budget just over $1 million. The Random Farms studio and its programs operate primarily in Westchester County, NY. The organization has been featured in The New York Times, on FOX News, and in the new Stagestruck book series. We are in a state of tremendous growth, with expanding program attendance, a growing Board of Trustees, and a capital campaign on the horizon. We are seeking an enthusiastic go-getter to join our team.
- Computer Savvy - Must be very comfortable jumping into and learning new software and online tools. Familiarity with using cloud-based software is strongly preferred..
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills - Position requires frequent communication via email and phone with staff and customers.
- Team Collaborator - Able to collaborate with team to plan project goals and timelines and then disperse to work independently on assigned tasks within the overall context of the project.
- Proactive Problem Solver - Help us find out-of-the-box solutions to improve administrative processes and workflow.
- Adaptable - We are a small but growing organization with many changes in process and on the horizon that sometimes affect project timelines and priorities.
Registration System Maintenance
Random Farms offers year-round musical theater programs to performers in grades K-12. All participants must register for the programs online. The Operations Manager will facilitate program enrollment by:
- Setting up and testing each program registration in our new registration software (Mylo Solutions)
- Generating reports as needed to help the Artistic Team manage their programs
- Customer service support for parents when they need help registering for programs or if they have questions about their orders
Random Farms is currently migrating to a new CRM system (Patron / Salesforce) that will serve as its primary database of participants, customers, and donors. The Operations Manager will join the Administrative staff in learning this new system's functionalities and will assist the staff with this tool by:
- Periodically "cleaning" data in the CRM database (eg, removing duplicate accounts, updating incorrect data, etc.)
- Generating reports as needed for the Administrative Team’s fundraising and marketing efforts
We also need additional support to help the staff manage artistic programs and our growing Community Outreach efforts, such as:
- Coordinating rentals (scenery and costumes we make available to other youth organizations)
- Website updates (using a WYSIWIG editor such as as Joomla or Wix)
- Communicating with venue box offices and youth groups regarding show tickets
- Preparing coupons and gift certificates
- Preparing and proofing promotional materials using existing templates (ie, playbills and flyers)
- Updating online tools and forms (ie, Asana, Google documents, JotForm)
- Experience in an administrative support position
- Previous experience with registration systems helpful, but not required. Willingness and ability to quickly learn these tools is required.
- Previous experience with CRM systems helpful, but not required
- Familiarity with HTML or CSS is a plus
- Collaborator with team spirit!
SOFTWARE INTEGRAL TO THIS POSITION
- Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Forms); Familiarity with Google Apps is extremely useful.
- Asana (Project management tool)
- Mylo Solutions (Program registration software); Will train, but familiarity with cloud-based software is extremely helpful.
- Patron CRM / Salesforce (CRM database); Will train, but familiarity with cloud-based software is extremely helpful.
- Location: Works remotely, but should be in EST time zone
- Hours: Approx 25-35 hours per week (hours will ebb and flow throughout the year)
- Schedule: Great flexibility with schedule; set your own hours. Periodic conference call meetings required during regular business hours (9-5 Monday-Friday). Occasional evening or weekends required.
- Pay: $15/hour as independent contractor
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to
with the phrase “OPERATIONS MANAGER APPLICATION” in the subject line.
Phone interviews: Nov 9 - 10
Interviews: Nov 17 - 18
Start Date: Dec 1, 2015